Is it too much to ask if someone wants to "friend" me I ask..

Is it too much to ask if someone wants to "friend", I ask what we have in common?
I get generic friend invites a LOT with the same Cafemom greeting "It looks like we have some things in common and I'd like to get to know you better. Please accept my friend invite so we can connect."
I have written in my about me section to please NOT send generic friend invites and to please state why they want to become friends here. Group in common, live in the same state, etc. My DH has a weird exwife and I really don't want her or her friends or relatives in my friends list under another guise, kwim? Plus, I like to have commonalities with people on my friends list-it is just that. A list of my friends.
Anyone else like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I will only accept requests if I can find a commonality on their page. If we're in a same group, answer a lot of the same questions or have a child with special needs. I don't think it's too much to ask, if they can't take the time to tell you some personal info about themselves I wouldn't accept them either.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes, I would like to know why also. So I can feel a connection.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I don't accept friend requests.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yeah feel you i understand how you feel
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I can't figure out why someone goes thru the process of being interested enough in someones posts or whatever why they don't say what prompted them to want to "friend" you..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I don't care either way, it's nice to have a diverse group of “friends" The friends I have all have connected with me in one way or another through the answer section and they're a fun and engaging group.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• We have this need to know why in common. Anon, would you be my friend?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I don't really care. On Facebook, yeah, but not here. But I do understand what you mean.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I agree completely, I just ignore most of them unless they have sent an actual message and explained why. I find that most that do the generic invite are actually out to try to sell you something.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Makes sense to me :)
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2011