Dog ran away... Need some answers plz?!

My bf's miniature pinscher ran away we been looking but its getting dark. My question is, we live in ks and its snowy here, is a dog of her breed gonna be ok in this weather overnight if we dont find her?

Logan17000

Asked by Logan17000 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pets

• Well, they have very short hair but should be able to fine somewhere warm enough. I have 2 min pins and if they ran away they would for sure make it home that same night because they are too worried about their next meal then having fun away from home :) I hope your dog comes back soon!!!
    Anonymous

• Aww poor lil doggie. Same thing happend here our dog ran away twice already. he has shorter hair too but he survied both times we got him back he was in great shape. I think shell be fine. im sure she will find somewhere warm or maybe shell come back home. just be alert. and if you dont find her or she doesnt come back call your local shelters and things like that and go online and post that shes missing and maybe even post posters. we did and that helped alot. thats how we got him backk. Good luck!!
    EliannasMama

Answer by EliannasMama at 6:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Dogs have a natural instinct to survive so hopefully she will get somewhere safe for the night and you can start looking again in the morning. I hope your dog comes back this is so sad =(
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I found her but thanks for ur comments, i was so worried tht she would freeze i went and looked once more even tho it was dark, and good thing i did.
    Logan17000

Comment by Logan17000 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• glad you found her!
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Depends on what kind of shelter she finds, if she is healthy otherwise and is acclimated to the cold.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 9:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Great news!! So glad you found her.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I am glad you got her back!

And yes, this type of dog that is out in snow too long can get frostbite and they definitely can freeze to death.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 5:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011