How can women really wear a dress, when it goes against the modesty laws?

Even a floor length dress, it's all open. In appearance I believe that dresses should have tights underneath or even a slip, but to have a dress open at knee length it seems it's screaming to get attention only.

This won't go into beauty and style category.
This won't go into entertainment category.
This is geared to the mom to children and good influence category.
So I'll put this under the ................

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Huh? Whatever.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• What modesty law? We were all born naked! Are you ashamed of nakedness? I'm a conservative Christian and this question is just a little too much for even me, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I think we're allowed to show a little knee nowadays. Some of the dresses I've seen on the red carpet, I wouldnt want my dau to wear- but there are plenty of tasteful dresses out there.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Is is still 2011 or did I somehow get transported back in time? If your butt or breasts are hanging out...then we have a modesty issue. If your showing leg from the knee down...so what? If the dress is open from the waist...then you're screaming for attention.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You ned to state what exactly you are referring to.
    Anonymous

• ummm where are you from???
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• So, whats the difference in wearing tight jeans or shirt? Those can show more than a dress! It's not like were opening our legs for someone to look at us. and thats why your taught to cross your legs when sitting or if its windy wear a long coat.

Are you from a religious group that thinks this? Just curious
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 6:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• This ? is a little strange. Your modesty is your business so if it means that wearing a skirt/dress of any length is wrong than thats your decision. But unless someone is wearing mirrors on their shoes or your just sittin spread eagle then where is this ? going?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You're right OP. I mean...all these women walking around showing knee and wrist ought to be ashamed of themselves. I accidentally showed a little ear the other day and I was SO embarrassed.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You would not care for my wardrob. Just because I am a mom, doesn't mean I am gonna start dressing like a nun. I am 22 years old and I dress like it, if you don't like it, get over it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011