As long as you've been alive do you like to fish? Seriously?

What does any person really get from this? I know plenty of avid fisherman, women. . . . . so I understand the food and eating part.
But when people fish to go entertain themselves day in and out, it seems pointless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Your post seems pointless.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 6:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I don't get it either. But I do know lots of people who love it. My daughters love it. I don't know if it's the fishing itself or just the time spent with my dad...because he is the only one who takes them fishing.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Sorry, you never got into it, but you dont know what you're missing. The utter thrill when you finally hook that fish & get it in is just unbelievable. The down time, (between nibbles) is spent in the company of loved ones outside in the warm fresh air & sunshine. I love it! And it's one family activity that we can all do. Even my 8 y/o dau baits her own hooks! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It's exciting to just catch the fish! I thought it would be boring to until I finally did at the age of 24! Yes, it gets boring when your just sitting there but when you have music on or just people to talk to it's a good time to spend together- and we don't keep the fish. Do you like a sport? What's the point of playing this sport or hobby? It's the same thing w fishing. We all enjoy different things.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 6:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• you have obviously never been trout fishing down a stream
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My hubby and I love to go fishing. It's nice and relaxing and we can talk and cuddle while we watch our poles.My son also loves to go fishing so we take him ot a lot during the warmer months. We are also a family of hunters and are very outdoorsy.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Fishing is more about who you are doing it with than the actual fishing part it's self. It's great to be alone with someone you care about, uninterupted, and just talk about life. Same with hunting.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i agree with you worriedmommy but i love fishing. its exciting for me
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• As a family, we've never fished for food (DH does that on his own with a friend). Our 2 favorite spots to go both had kills in the last few years and were restocked, so when we go we catch little ones and throw them back - just for fun. My kids think it's so exciting when they catch one, even knowing we have to throw it back. Shoot, I even get excited when I get a bite! We don't go for a whole day, or days at a time, but I could easy handle it. It's relaxing, doens't take a lot of effort.
    Anonymous

• I used to love it as a little kid when I went with my grandfather. I quit fishing when he died when I was 12. I tried to go again with my ex after we got married, but it just... wasn't the same, you know?

I think one of the reasons I loved it so much as a kid was I always outfished my grandfather and everyone would oohh and aww when I got home because the kid had brought dinner home.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2011