Would you be cool with this happening to your kids in school?

Whoa! I would be one angry mama..

Primary school children in Bacup, England were terrified during a school assembly when administrators told them World War III was happening and London was being bombed.

Staff at St. Mary’s Roman Catholic school led the children into a cellar when an air raid siren sounded, and set off a firework to stimulate the sound of an explosion, the Daily Mail reports.

Teachers planned the event as an exercise to educate the children about life during wartime scenarios.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01/21/school-administrator-leads-students-beli...

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 6:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• That is disturbing scaring little kids like that.

tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• No way! Drills are one thing but scaring children like that? No!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I find that to be disgusting!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I would be furious.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 6:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Idiots, these are educators? Terrible distasteful, so sad! Very bad! Would not want my kids there!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• WTF....from the article...."We didn't foresee these problems,” said Mike Richards, headteacher of the school. “Unfortunately we made it too real. After that we spent all the rest of the afternoon explaining to them that it wasn't.” Didn't foresee these problems?? What the hell did they think would happen??
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Id pull my kid right out of that school. Do they realize the mental issues that a lot of these kids will face from this??? As an adult Id be scarred!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It maks me wanna cry to even think about my daughter fearing for her life and the thought that shed never see me or dh again. This is sick and mental
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Typical non emotional English . This is the same country that sends 5 year olds away to boarding school.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• And the fact that they didnt let the parents have voice is bad too
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011