Friends

Do you think you can become goods friends with someone online?

HappyGirl44

Asked by HappyGirl44 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, I've had a few friends I've never met in person, but we go very close online. We still talk occasionally and are on Facebook, 12 years later!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yes... but it isnt the same. there is something to be said about face to face interactions.

Giving a friend a hug when you meet up. Hearing their laugh. Seeing the reaction to the conversation.

yes.. you can have a good friend on line... but it will never be as emotionally close as a friend sitting next to you.

and for those who disagree... I wonder how many very close 'real life' friends they have... because the human touch is SO important.

Anonymous

• I would like to meet some friends online and start hanging out with them, but it seems like a lot of these "mommy" sites only have people who only want to communicate online instead of meeting in person.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It happens. I have a friend who made a friend online like 6 years ago and they just met in person a few weeks ago. I don't see why it's not possible!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Def. And dating too. I met my ex on a dating site and we were together for 2 and a half years. Hes a wonderful person. We just grew apart.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yup one of my close friends added me on myspace and now her daughter and my daghter love to play!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 7:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I think you can.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yes, definitely. I even met my SO online:) So I honestly believe to the internet big mojo:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You sure can!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Im sure you can, but personally, i don't choose to.
    You never know who you are talking to, and i have had too much drama in my life to let in just anyone.
    I could become friendly with people, but not to the point i would consider friends..
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011