Renter's rights

just wondering if there is a web page that has a list of renter's rights.

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm sure it's different in each state, and/or city. I would just google your city for renters rights. You can also call your city hall for information.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• What state are you in?????
    google "Renters rights" and click on your states site....
    Each state is different with some basics that are the same (bc of US Gov reasons)
    Also this I know... you should have received a Tenant/Landlord book/guide at the time of
    lease signing...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i never got one of those book/guides i just got my lease that i had to sign
    Justins_mommy05

Comment by Justins_mommy05 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It varies by state and sometimes city. Here in Pennsylvania at least, there is no law that says we (the landlord) have to provide anything other then a copy of the lease and a lead disclosure form if the house was built before 1978. We are landlords and own quite a few units and discuss things with a lawyer on a regular basis and have a lease written by him so we know our state laws fairly well. I would google your specific question and state to get answers. Also www.rentlaw.com is a pretty decent site for a lot of things.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Agreed that it varies by state. Looking it up online would be the best way to find info for your particular state. Like PP said rentlaw.com is a good site.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• google it and put your state in the question
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2011