do you try to avoid grocery shopping on the weekends? Anyone try Home delivery of groceries?

I definitely avoid Costco. Way too long of lines. Mondays are my usual day off so I try to do all my errands while kids are in school. I have been working the past few weeks on Mondays and cupboards are bare. I hate shopping on weekends. Never fails everything I buy today at Target will go on sale tomorrow. And all my stores are right on my way home from work but I am usually so tired afterwards...

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 7:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Shopping

• I refuse to go to shopping on the weekend. I will go when the kids are in school, or between our classes in the evening. I always make sure we have everything we need to get through the weekend, and if we don't, we get take out.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Online shopping is the best thing under the sun:) No crazy people, no crowd, no lifting heavy groceries and stuff, no time-wasting at the tills. www.onlineshoppingwhatever.com:D We usually buy the big heavy stuff online once or twice or a month. So we only need the top-up shopping from the local shop (like milk, cereal, etc.). If you start once you'll never go back:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I go whenever I feel like it, but I do prefer during the day or really late at night rather than late afternoon. We don't have any stores around here that do delivery stuff - doesn't help I live 20 miles from the nearest town with a grocery store.
    Anonymous

• The grocery store near me w/ the best prices (Shoprite) doesn't have home delivery to my town, but they do have shop from home w/ express pick up. I don't do it all the time, but pretty often. It is great. If you have coupons, you bring them in w/ you & they apply them to your bill.

Give it a try! Most places will give you free delivery the 1st time you use the service.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i always get my food shopping delivered
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I avoid all shopping on weekends like the plague,actually i hate to shop anytime :) Anyway the best thing I've found is Peapod at Stop&Shop a delivery shopping service
    linsey1001

Answer by linsey1001 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have used Safeway.com and it works well if you are patient and wait for them to send you a free delivery coupon. They send them all the time, so it is worth waiting for. Sometimes I actually have to go to the store, but that is rare. :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Fortunately, I have a husband who doesn't mind going to the grocery store whenever I need him to. He's unemployed right now so he has the time. I really don't mind shopping on the week-ends either. I used to get some groceries from Schwan's delivered to me. I'm not sure what states they are located in other than in New York. They do have an online website. Some of their items are pricey, but everything I've ordered in the past has been very good and the service is excellent!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Not unless I have to.  I'm a cashier at my local grocery store and I'm usually working on the weekends anyway.  Last thing I want to do after a shift is my own shopping lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I always go during the week. I hate going to grocery stores on the weekend, especially with DD.
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 8:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011