For those who have/had a Ford Focus roughly between '99 and '05 models

Did anyone here experience problems with the ignition? Like the key not turning or not coming out? We had the first problem a couple of years ago, DH looked it up and found that it's apparently a HUGE problem with Focuses from around that time period (ours is an '02). Now, the key won't come out (well, it will but I have to leave it alone for hours or days sometimes), but it will still turn. I am not happy right now. It's been doing this (this time) for a couple of months and as soon as I find a new job and save a few paychecks, we're trading it in. (We REALLY need a "miscellaneous" category.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I put mine in a derby I hated it SO MUCH. It was one problem after the other I put so much money into that pos. My hatred for that model of car cannot be described with words. It was so beautiful to watch it being smashed up into tiny tiny bits. Now, to get rid of my husbands. My problems ranged from the drivers side window track breaking, wires, plastic pieces, the breaks, the windshield wipers/tubing for the liquid going out. uhg. Now my husbands driver side door wont open so we have to take it in. It cost me 10 grand to keep my pos running. Got rid of it and bought a Jeep I couldn't be happier and will never EVER EVER own a Ford Fu@# A$$ again. Mine was an 01 my husbands is an 04. Also, everything that broke on my car were either re-called pieces or should have been. Lousy good for nothing...
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• UGH, we don't have it anymore. Thanks God:) We had so many problems with ours so we got rid of it. We really hated that car. It was a company car anyway. So we just changed it for a new and different one. Sell yours if you can:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• As for your specific problem, I had that happen to me a few times and had to take it in once. The second time a friend of my husbands fixed it for free. I like you just left the key in. And when I did use it would just slowly wiggle it out.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I hated that damn thing with a passion will never get one again & yes i had this problem though not often along with all the other problems. Good thing we got rid of it a long time ago.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011