tramatic birth - my miracle baby

my son had a tramatic birth , a brain insult at birth , hes now 10 , autistic , adhd , hearing loss , brain damage , and a miracle baby , any others out there ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Health

• Not myself but I am going to bump this question to show my support!  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• well thank you.
    letstalk747

Comment by letstalk747 (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My son tied his cord in a knot, and when I was pushing him out, it pulled tight. I couldn't get him out fast enough, and he was without a heart beat for several minutes. The doctors were able to resuscitate him, and although he was in bad shape for a week or so, he was ok. He was delayed all across the board and started speech, occupational, and developmental therapy early. Now he's 8 (going to be 9 in June) and only has a weekly OT appointment to work on his fine motor skills. He is quirky but very smart, and people would never guess the ordeal he's been through.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yeah , i know , no one would guess what my son has been thru either , and will the rest of his life for that matter , hes my world and i wouldnt want to live without him.
    letstalk747

Comment by letstalk747 (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My niece had to be extracted with forceps and by doing that they caused her to have cerebral pulsy and may have caused her slight mental retardation too.
    Anonymous

• my son was dx'd with mild cerebral palsy at 1 yrs old , --like i said he is a miracle baby- it went away after therapy and literaly around the world prayer groups other people started .
    letstalk747

Comment by letstalk747 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My son got stuck in the birth canal, it took two doctors (one pushing, one pulling) and 17 minutes to get him out. He didn't breathe for 2 minutes and had to be intubated. They almost lost both of us because they couldn't stop me bleeding. Amazingly he was out of the NICU in 36 hours. I was the one who ended up with an infection and had to stay in the hospital for 5 days. He had craniosynostosis so his sutures fused in the womb and his head wouldn't shape right so he got stuck. He had surgery on his skull at 4 months old. He is a total miracle.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My miracle baby was born at 23 weeks weighing 1 lb 7oz.

She spent 2 1/2 months in the NICU & was sent home early weighing a little over 3 lbs because she was doing so well.

She is now a perfect, healthy 4 year old, a little small for her age (she wears 24 months clothes), but normal & healthy in every way. Although, she does wear glasses for a lazy eye. Her Dr. believes it will just be temporary. We have definitely been blessed.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• what a wonderfull miracle you have
    letstalk747

Comment by letstalk747 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My daughter is a miracle! She survived the 50/50 odds that come with her birth defect; congenital diaphragmatic hernia. There's no explaination as to WHY it happens yet so it's still hard to treat. She spent 20 days on ECMO, she was in the hospital for three months and eight days. She didn't breathe on her own for the first two months. By the time she left the hospital, she'd had 9 surgeries; some not as serious as others but nonetheless, surgeries. We were told she would more than likely be behind both physically and mentally as far as her development but she's not at all! She's actually slightly above her age in some areas! We spent a year feeding her via g-tube with a feeding pump. When she came home, she was on 8 different medications but now she's on NONE OF IT! She'll be two in less than two months and she's smart, funny, FULL of love, laughter, and life! She's definitely been very lucky given her beginning.
    Bubbles318

Answer by Bubbles318 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2011