I have a question for ladies who are on the pill!

If you are in a monogamous relationship and on the pill...do you use condoms as well? Or is the pill (when taken correctly) protection enough in your opinion against pregnancy?

The reason I ask is because my boyfriend and I are in a monogamous relationship, have been for 2 years and I just started taking the pill 3 months ago...I don't ever miss pills and I take them at the same time each night (one night i threw up like an hour after taking my pill but i'm sure thats fine, right?) and last night we had sex without a condom for the first time and I couldn't help be feel a little nervous about it....so I was just wondering what most women do? I'm assuming most don't use condoms while on the pill and in a committed relationship, am I right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You are right, except when you throw up a pill you should use a condom or other back up for a few days. Same goes if you miss a pill for any other reason.
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 7:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• As long as you're good about taking the pill as directed, and you're not worried about diseases, then the pill alone ought to be fine. It's normal to have some nerves, though, when dropping from two methods to one! Do what feels comfortable. If you are too distracted by not using a condom, then bring them back. There's nothing wrong with using two methods like that! The pill is more effective alone than condoms alone are, so keep that in mind. The two together, of course, provide a very high level of protection. Do whatever feels right to you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I used depo and condoms, and sometimes just depo. If you get sick though stomach virus or whatever remember to use those condoms.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• The pill doesn't do good things for me. It makes my periods crazy and well, my baby is due in less than 3 weeks.
    Ashley21

Answer by Ashley21 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• thats a tough one. Some girls do in fact get pregnant on the pill the very fertile ones I have never met anyone personally though. Im sure you were nervous because its all very new for you two. Giveit some time comes down to what your comfortable with though.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 1:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2011