How do I cope?

Hi everyone.

How do I cope with having to give up my baby for adoption? I really dont wanna do it. but my paretns dont like that fact that im 18 and having a baby and Im still attending school. My Bf Hate the fact of giving the baby up. He hates me for telling him that. He told me I might as well have an abortion then to give up the baby, bacause if he cant have his baby next to him, no one should. Pretty rought huh? Im only 8 weeks and 3 days, and I feel like I betrade my baby. I really dont know how to overcome this horrible feeling.

MommyCaution

Asked by MommyCaution at 8:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Adoption

• strength be with you , find a way to do what you want to do ....
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You don't have to give your baby up. I got pregnant at 17 and we made it just fine. My son's father didn't even care, what I did with him. Don't decide what your going to do until you are much further along, maybe even after the baby is born. 9 months is a long time.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... I went through what you are going through, I first thought of an abortion, than those around me talked about adoption.. was a really rough ride but my son is 15.. and I did it, and chose to raise him because I had strong feelings like you did and same type of thoughts... I would not be suprised if you do like I did and keep the baby?!?!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Even though you are still in school you are an adult and I would think that you should have some rights as an adult.
    SharMarEpp

Answer by SharMarEpp at 8:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• If your unsure don't do it. If you want to please your parents go to an adoption agency and let them discuss the different adoptions. Your still very early in your pregnancy and you don't have to decide right now. I was pregnant with my first child at 19 and my parents were pissed to and continued to remind me about my "options" needless to say I have a wonderful 6 year old now and my parents can't get enough of him. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Its your life. If you want to keep YOUR child you can. Your parents need to realize that yes you may be young but you have to grow up and they have to let you, regardless if they want to or not. Its your decision sweetie. I was 19 when I had my son, my parents were not happy but they grew over it, he 9mos and now they love him. If you decide to keep your child, you will have challenges but you will have the best times too. Like when you get to see that first smile. Also you have to talk it over with the father of the baby. He may want you to keep it. Yes its your body but he has a right too. I believe that whatever happens you'll make the right decision. Goodluck.
    Sweetpea1215

Answer by Sweetpea1215 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You already don't want to do this or you wouldn't be posting this question.  What do you think you will feel like afterwards?  The ONLY thing I ever hear when abortions have been had is REGRET.  You are legally an adult.  No one can MAKE you abort your child.  The decision is yours and yours alone.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my brother in law and his ex gf had a little girl when they were 16. Its hard, but they are caring for her, with help from family, and going to school. Just wait a bit longer, when you show a sono or even have the baby, believe me, its hard to resist a newborn bay.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Okay, just wanted to speak on the abortion note.  Now onto the adoption.  Basically the same thing applies.  You do not HAVE to give your child up!  Be strong, do what you need to do.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I just turned 19 and im 15 weeks and 4 days. Honey I know their your parents but I really don't think that you should give up your baby just because they want you to. This is your decision and no one else's. I believe you should really sit down and think about rather or not you want this. It sounds to me that you don't. Im guessing your a senior being 18. You don't have that much longer in school. By the time you would have the baby you would be out. If your boyfriend dont have a job then he needs to get one. That would ease your parents mind more knowing that you and him are trying to step up, be parents, and support this baby. This is YOUR baby not your parents, and they need to understand that. If they would push you into adoption with you not wanting to imagine how you are going to feel later on in life. This needs to be your decsion and I cant express that enough.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2011