Can you lift during pregnancy?

I would like to try and get pregnant this summer, but we need to move out by the first of August. I am nervous if we get pregnant before we move, will I be able to help move all the stuff and get everything situated.. Should we wait longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You could still help but I would say no to lifting anything heavy.  I have always been told ten pounds but my older kids I picked up without a problem so I would base it on what you feel comfortable doing. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I def agree with MrsHouston. No heavy lifting. Still try and get pregnant and help out when and how and where you feel comfy too :)
    Sweetpea1215

Answer by Sweetpea1215 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• There normally isn't any with limit unless you are a high risk pregnancy. If you do become pregnant, just take it easy, and don't over do it. Carry the lighter things.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• When I was working as a stocker in a store, I was told nothing heavier than 25 pounds. My husband and I moved into a house when I was 34 weeks preg. I have my son 3 weeks later. I lifted boxes and walked up stairs. everything was fine. Just don't over-do yourself and take frequent breaks. Preggies can still do stuff...it's not a disability for most :D
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I'd leave the heavy lifting to the people helping. Ask your doc at your first appointment, if you get pregnant before the move. Listen to your body, and take it easy. You can still do PLENTY, like packing and unpacking, cleaning (use green products, gloves, and make sure there's lots of air flow), and making sure you all have snacks and water, especially for YOU!! We ended up moving when I was about 16 weeks along, and I still helped with a few heavier items, and lifted lighter boxes, but I also lift weights, and continued to do so through my pregnancy (with my doctor's ok). I hope TTC goes well for you!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• LOL CHILD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS TIME... DONT LIFT A THING!!!!!!!!
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I already have a little one.,.. so there is still some lifting..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I'm a nursing assistant and I lift residents who are 200lbs. I'm 6 months pregnant and my body is used to the lifting I do so it is not an issue for me. You are still able to do everything you did before you got pregnant if you are having a healthy and normal pregnancy so lift away.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Its different for every women and every pregnancy, but I lifted with both of mine at work right up until I had them. If its not a high risk pregnancy and you don't over do it I see no problem with it.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• no heavy lifting especially in early pregnancy it can cause miscarriage!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2011