What do you and your SO do for date night?

My husband and I do anything and everything. From going to a dollar movie to going out to a very nice restaurant that you have to make reservations for at least a month in advance. For instance, last night we went to Lowe's and looked at ceiling fans and chandelier's then had hot chocolate at Starbuck's. The point isn't what we do, but that we're spending quality time together.

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 8:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• i love dinner out alone without the kids so you can eat and talk!! without stopping 400 times to help kids, break up fights, pick stuff up off the floor! lol
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• We are the same way and call even grocery shopping trips where our kids are not with us... "Mini Dates"
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I know. It almost seems weird when we're out to dinner and are able to speak in complete sentences!!
    derosia_mama

Comment by derosia_mama (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• We never plan anything we just go with the flow at the spur of the moment.Picnics, dinner,movies,walking the town, just whatever.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Normally just dinner.... I'm not big on doing movies for dates, with two small kids and as hubby who as soon as his head hits the pillow he is snoring, we don't get much time to talk. And since talking in movie theaters is normally frowned on, we like doing dinner. We also like to walk around the river walk when it's warmer
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• We dont get to go out as much as we would like to just our selves but when we do we go out to eat and watch a movie
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My husband loves to eat while watching a movie so we usually go to Movie Tavern which has a restaurant you order from and you're served while you're watching the movie. It's pretty good, actually. But if we want to see something on the really big screen, we go to Cinemark and gets chicken sandwiches. Not as good, though.
    derosia_mama

Comment by derosia_mama (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You two sound like newlyweds. We are married 25 years. It is okay with us to do just about anything or nothing like you two.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Just spending time together just SO and myself is a date night. Its not about what you do, but who you do it with that makes the difference..
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 12:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Going out is a very rare occurance for us. When we do, it's usually a daytime date and we'll go see a movie, either something comic-book-themed (his pick) or if there's one out, a Jason Statham flick (my pick) and get some lunch.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2011