Stomach Virus during pregnancy..

I think i may be coming down with something. I feel nausea's off and on just about everyday. It happens just randomly. No sniffles, cough, or sore throat. Basically no signs of a cold or flu. But my dad's coming down with something and has been taking Dayquil for it.. And he never takes medicine unless he's really coming down with something. Could this be from being so far in pregnancy? Or just a bug? (39w tmrw)

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had nausea late in pregnancy with my first. He was really high and would push on my stomach. Uh! It was awful! I would eat and then he would move and make me feel like I was going to throw up. With DD I got the stomach bug at 8.5 months! That was Hell!! I couldn't keep anything down and I felt terrible for 2 days.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I had the stomach flu at 32 weeks prego with my 2nd child. It was horrific! I called the doc to make sure it was ok to be throwing up the way I was (lol) and he said if I throw up longer thn 8 hours to go in to be sure I wasn't getting dehydrated.

It may be your hormones, and it may be a virus. If you suspect virus, just do your best to keep hydrated.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Well, Dayquil is for cold symptoms, so I'm guessing the two aren't related. If the nausea is coming and going like that, it's probably pregnancy related, and not a bug or something you ate, unless you keep eating it, and your body isn't happy about it. At least you're in the home stretch! Make sure you're drinking plenty of water, even with the nausea. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I am keeping hydrated. Drinking water constantly , and ginger ale in case it is a cold.. I'm having contractions as we speak soooo (: :D
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• WHOA!!!!!!! Calm down, is it braxton hicks? Drink something. You may be dehydrated!
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• The flu from first hand experience during pregnancy is something you would know for sure you have its awful trust me lol. Prob just pregnancy. Congrats your babys coming soon how exciting!

Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 1:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2011