labor soon or later? maybe tmi

I'm more than a centimeter (as of wednesday) but my doc said barely 2 centis. He said that i was really low and to walk alot that day. So my hubby and i walked and everything. Later that day I bled when i went pee and I wiped a lot of blood. Then later when I went pee there was a bloody small clot in the toilet and more blood when i wiped. The blood has eased up A LOT but it still comes and goes.... i was just wondering if you all think labor could be soon? or if i still have awhile... oh also i've been having bad pains in my pelvic and my back

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The blood could be your mucus plug, which even when it's gone labor could still be weeks away. The pain in your back could be back labor, I had it with my last (4mo ago) it started to hurt REALLY bad. If the pain gets worse I would go in. My back labor didnt come and go like a regular contraction it was different then my other 2.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 9:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• the blood is prolly your bloody show. which happens shortly before labor starts. the pain that you are having could be contractions. i would call your doctors after hours line and let them know if you havnt done already, just because you keep bleeding, i would also count how many time the pain comes and if you have four or more in an hour then i would call the doctor and go to the hospital. im not sure what your doctor says, some doctors say if you have four or more in an hour others say 6 but i would call just to make sure. good luck.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 9:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008