Did anybody else go overboard with Christmas decorating?

I decorate every doorway, room, etc. I also have two large Christmas trees and then additional ones for all the bedrooms and even the bathrooms. I don't do this for the other holidays, just Christmas. My husband thinks I'm nuts! I start decorating the week before Halloween and don't take it down until January 2nd.

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 8:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Holidays

• I ALWAYS go all out for Christmas... every doorway... every window (22 of them) lit up, blow-ups 3 trees,
    I have 3 pillars on the front porch that get garland, 4/5 blow ups... light up trees outside ...
    I have had ppl walk in my house and go "Christmas wonderland-wow!" each yr has a theme... this yr
    was all Santa, my dh liked it so much that he would like me to do the "Santa" theme this coming Christmas...
    Each yr I add more... my Dh says that the space station can see our house, I told him not yet, but I am getting
    there...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No, but down the street we have a neighbor who could compete with Clark W Griswold. The house next door bung a sign in lights with an arrow saying, "DITTO".
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• We went crazy this year, but it was worth it. Taking it all down was the tough part though.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Ugh. My mother did she still has her decoratio/s up and the lights still come on its ridiculous. But hey im not paying her lightbill so i cant truly complain lol.
    Sweetpea1215

Answer by Sweetpea1215 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• no- dh wasnt home this chistmas so we only put up a tee when hes home tho we go alll out.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 8:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Taking it down is always slightly depressing, so we make a night of it, having my sister and her family over, everyone taking a room to pack up and listening to music. Whoever gets done first, gets a prize!
    derosia_mama

Comment by derosia_mama (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Not at all. I can't handle the clutter more than a couple of days. Our tree goes up for 2-6 days and usually comes down on the 26th. This past Xmas, we took it down after presents were opened on the 25th.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Now that is a speedy take down!
    derosia_mama

Comment by derosia_mama (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• LOL I know. I can't handle extra stuff around. We used to go out of town for the holidays and take the tree down on the 22nd before we left, so we would come home to a clean house. I keep the outside lights up a couple extra days though. I think they came down on the 27th or 28th.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I was only able to do outside lights for one year. My husband took one look at the bill and decided a nativity scene with a spotlight on it was just fine! It was an enormous bill.
    derosia_mama

Comment by derosia_mama (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011