If you've broken up with your baby's dad....

How long did it take you to start dating again? Have you started dating again?

I've been single for 6 months now, but I don't want to starting dating yet. Some of my friends (that are single with no kids btw) think I should have already started, and that I must be depressed since I'm not ready to meet anyone. It's normal to want to stay single for awhile isn't it?

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• It is not that easy hugh honey? Mourning loss is a personal thing. Loss can mean a multitude of things including relationships. Never mind what anyone else says. You will know what to do when you are ready.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My husband I were still together but living apart for money reasons...him where he was going to school, me and son with my parents. But when I filed for divorce about a year after that arrangement (and him cheating with co-eds) I actually started dating about a month later.....but like I said, we hadn't lived together for over a year.

I met my current husband two months after my divorce was finalized.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I still haven't really started dating again. I hang out and socialize but I don't need, nor want another relationship anytime soon. It will be 4 years in March.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i didnt date for a year and a half ..i had a freind with benefits for a year and a half i didnt want to introduce men to her who were not going to stick around forever...untill i meet my dh and a month alter we were engaged.and a few month later married :D 3 years strong !
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 8:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• When I broke up with my sons father it took me 9 mnths from when he moved out..6mnths from when we offically broke up to have sex with a guy...It took me a Year to be in relationship with someone..and it took 1.5 years to fall in love again and 2 yrs to get pregnant again and be engaged to my now fiance and youngest son's father..

I dont think theres a time limit..its ur matter of comfort..and everyone is different..I mean how long had yall been together..why u break up..who broke up with who..do u still love him..having children..it all plays a factor in how long it takes you to get over someone ya kno
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I think it's all a matter of when you are ready. You have a child to raise and care for, and all your energy and emotion should be put to them until you are healthy enough to share yourself. My husband and I are just seperated, a week now....but he has been gone most of this last year (due to military and work). But I have no desire or clue when I will be "ready" to try to meet someone. Your single friends with no children just can't comprehend it, they just can't.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my baby dad and i broke up almost 2yrs ago. im married now with baby #2 on the way.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• im broken up w mine and we are still living together. when i do finally get out and have my own place for my daughter and myself i have no plans on dateing. not for a very long time. im more of the single type anyways...or maybe im just no good at long relationships. i get sick of someone very fast, anywho.... like i said, no plans of dateing in the near (or far) future
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I started dating immediately. Once the jerk walked out on me the loyalty was over.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My son's "sperm donor" left me two weeks after I told him I was pregnant. Come to find out he was cheating and got her knocked up too. I met the love of my life when my son was five months old and he adopted him when he was three. So my son has two step-sisters...on is like five years older than him and one is two months younger.......
    kaceym08

Answer by kaceym08 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2011