If your utility bill isnt usually high was it high this month?

At any given time of year my electric bill is usually between $76 and $100. This month it was $185. That was a total shock to me.

sweetpea1217

Asked by sweetpea1217 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Mine was pretty high to last month including the water bill!!! Whats up with that??
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Mine is usually 100-120. It was over $250 this month!!!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• not sure we live on post and our bah covers our rent,electric, water, trash pick up , recycling pick up. etc etc. i donte ver see a bill. lol.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Mine was about the same as it always is. Mine is usually $60-$90 and it was $85.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yep, mine is usually around $50-60 a month (I am pretty anal about keeping it low) This month it was $288!! I opened the bill today and about had a heart attack! Thankfully I still had a $350 credit on the bill and don't actually have to pay that, but holy hell, I am going to have to be even more anal about it now! (We were on a budge plan for a while, and the budget was higher than my actual bill that is how I got such a high credit)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It was higher than usual for this time of year. It was closer to what we pay in the summer, which is usually $50-75 higher than winter months.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• we have steam heat, which is a financial nightmare. last winter was not nearly as cold as this winter and they actually shut us off because our bill was over $1500. They faced fines and had to turn us back on thankfully but the wind chill has been almost -50 at night so I am thinking january will be in the $500+ range at least :(
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• MIne was 70 dollars in Nov and for Dec it was 160. I cant believe that I used that much more electricity in December. We didn't even have a tree up.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 9:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yes, mine went up. I was even asking others this same question. This month has been the highest I ever paid so far. I guess we all got hit pretty hard...its absolutely ridiculous.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Mine keeps creeping up and yet we are doing nothing different. Its the company's hiking up prices for winter.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2011