Do all/most SAHD's nag like mom's about everything (non-stop)? I can't take it!! Should I just ignore it or argue my way through?

My SO has been nagging me about everything from cleaning to laundry to not taking my shoes off when I come in because he just mopped! Mind you we have a dog that walks in her own poop and comes in the house! Seriously?! Then its where I keep my purse and not keeping my yarn in his way! WHATEVER?!

summermommie2b

Asked by summermommie2b at 9:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Talk to him about it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Talk to him....he might be on his monthly!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have to laugh at this. A guy in my DH's social group is a SAHD and he nags and rags on about all this.. He even asked me what else he could do to be a domestic diva.... Being a stay at home parent wether mom or dad is long day and can be stressful. Its better to communicate then pent it up..
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 12:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My husband is a SAHD and he doesn't nag. Before he became one, we set up some rules and things he expected of everyone in the family. If one of the kids breaks a rule, that kid has a consequence. If I break a rule, my husband usually points it out, but he's nice about it. I always fix up whatever I mess up anyway, we have very good communication.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think that's my issue... the communication. He starts with his complaints and I tune him out like I did my mom as a teenager. blah blah blah is all I'm hearing by the end of it
    summermommie2b

Comment by summermommie2b (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011