Sometimes I wonder why I don't let her live with her sperm donor

I love my DD more than my own life, but sometimes she drives me to insanity! Turning the TV constantly on and off, throwing the remote at me because she wants cartoons on, pinching me, running when she's not supposed to because I live in an apartment, need to respect neighbors downstairs, yelling and back talking me, and she's nearly 3. Of course I would never give her up, even to her own "dad", but sometimes she makes me question that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know you arent really talking about dd but the frustration with having to do this on your own. I have been there, not with such a young child but with children just the same. Remind yourself that this too shall pass and take the tips from the other moms. I have had many teenage moments with my kids where I felt, "why is this all on me?", but we get past it., Good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Start time outs. She only continues because you let her.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It's the age. Start setting clear and realistic expectations. Make sure you have a routine in place. Keep calm. Don't spank. Use time-outs when she is getting out of control and needs a place to chill out.
    Anonymous

• You are allowing her to do these things. First take a deep breath, some of these things are very normal for a toddler, next get on her level and tell her what is expected using short terms. No hitting, hitting hurts. Use walking feet please. We do not throw things and keeo the remote out of reach. "Ouch, no pinching, you hurt mommy." Mommy will not answer you when you talk like that, use nice words and I will answer you. And so on...
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• oops, I meant teenage moments cause I have teenagers,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2011