money saving tips!!i need them!

we are going to be moving off post soon *i think* and for the first time in a few years ill be paying bills! lights,water,etc etc. i need some money saving tips!
cant be with anything!!
food, clothes, home, etc etc
come on we all need some tips! so share!

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 9:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am not sure where you live: I shop for food in 3 locations: I shop all BOGO's and work our menus around those. I freeze alot; bread when bogo, butter, meat, and I blanch and freeze fresh vegis when on sale. I search craigs list on the free area. I have found clothes, toys, and so much more. Also, to save on power bills, make sure you unplug things like power cords (phone chargers, coffee pots, vcr, dvd, anything plugged in takes a small amt of power). Ask your church for anything you may be in need of that you cannot buy new. I have found that most people are more than willing to help out your family. Bless you and your family for your sacrifice.

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Okay so since you haven't been paying an electric bill an easy thing to fall into is not turning lights off!  Always turn lights off when you walk out of the room.  We started saving 5 bucks off of our electric bill when I started being vigilant about it, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• One that a friend of mine does but I could never get the hang of is: use those plastic bags they bag your groceries with as trash bags.  They buy regular trashbags but any food, anything wet, etc. is put into a plastic bag, tied up tight, and then put in the actual trash bag.  Then when the trash can gets full they dump it but can still keep the same bag because there was nothing in it but paper or whatever.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Old Navy and The Childrens Place have really great deals online.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• turn the heat down in the winter when you are going to be gone all day
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• use Dave Ramsey's "Envelope System".
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2011