Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

So overwhelming... how do you know what KIND of lawyer to look for? adult content

the internet & yellow pages are a joke. 40+ pages, 10,000 attorneys in my zip code. Is there like a de-coder where it'll tell you what to seek?

briefly : while in the custody of the state or county (I don't know which) at age 15 I was taken from my residential youth facility to the local E.R. where the attending physician saw my neglected arm (I was a cutter and had gangrene and almost lost my arm because the facility was horrible and didn't provide care) and took immediate custody of me having police kick out the staff who was with me. I was admitted to the hospital and went back and forth from a normal hospital room, to the psych ward, to a few surgeries to clean out my arm, the ICU for a night, and then back to the psych ward. While in the psych ward they housed the kids/teens/adults all together and before and after my surgeries I was raped repeatedly by a 30something y/o male psych patient. My parents came to see me and I pointed him out, etc but since I was very sick and had massive blood infections and was still about to lose my arm they said we'd deal with it later but we never did. I was transferred by ambulance to a bigger hospital, got better and was released to my parents and quite literally lived happily ever after. I am not seeking cash or creating drama I simply want to know two things 1) be assured they no longer house adult mental patients with vulnerable youth and 2) find out if my assailant is a registered sex offender and has hurt others


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Health

Answers (4)
  • I would go with an attorney that specializes in medical malpractice (that would be where the money would be)

    Answer by Syphon at 9:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • It's never to late to call the police. It may be past time for anything to happen to your case because of statue of limitations but calling and reporting will bring up an investigation into that place.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • If you're looking might want to go under the category of Personal Injury.

    Answer by Syphon at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • I'm not sure why you need an attorney.
    1. Do you know the guys name? If so look up his name on the state website (just google Megan's law) sex offenders. Its very easy to do.
    2. Google (your state name) juvenile mental health regulation codes and see what the laws are.

    Answer by Leener3 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
PREGNANCY CONFUSION :( adult content

Next question overall (Relationships)
A little venting!!!