This is really just to vent and sorry kind of lengthy

This Just happened!

My husband and I got invited to a birthday dinner tonight for one of his friends. Usually his mom would babysit but she is out of town. I called my Aunt to babysit (because my husband won't let anyone our age babysit. not friends family no one) my Aunt said she would but asked if I had called and asked my cousin (her daughter) I said no Zach won't let me. (not meaning that personal to my cousin this was in general but I guess I should have clarified) We left to drop him off about 10 min later. I got to my Aunts house I knocked on the door and she answered and said "Oh, you didn't get my text message?" I said no I was driving. She said, "Oh well never mind." I asked if there was a problem with her babysitting and I guess my uncle told her that she should not babysit since we did not let their daughter babysit. I was kind of dumbfounded and didn't know what to do or think. She said it was still ok to leave him but she was upset. I went ahead and left I wasn't going to tell my husband because I wanted a peaceful evening. (it was him they were upset with) I got into the car and saw the text message along with one my cousin sent. My aunt decided to call her and tell her all about it so she told me to F off and to never talk to her or my aunt again and that I was toxic to her family. So I decided to turn around and pick my son up and go home. My Aunt wondered why I had returned and I told her about my cousin't text so she got upset called her now it has turned into one of the many huge family drama cases that accur on a regular basis but never involves ME. I am so upset now I have been bawling for the last 40 min. my cousint keeps texting me nasty things and she decided to involve my mom who lives 2 hours away and had nothing to do with this. now she is upset too (not at me).

CarlieJS

Asked by CarlieJS at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm with your hubby. We left our first born with hubby's parent's for 2 hours when he (the baby) was very young. I hated it. I missed him, so we went back. After that, we didn't leave him with anyone for a long time. We didn't leave our kids with anyone very often, we still don't. It's not so much that we don't trust, we just don't feel comfortable.
    I can totally understand about your cousin, there is no way in hell I'd leave a child with her. Not a baby, not even an older child. And I think your uncle is an ass for saying your aunt couldn't babysit because you didn't ask your cousin to do it. He's got to see how she acts, and what she does, how she treats people. Though, he may be part of why she does it. He's let her get away with it, obviously. I feel bad for your aunt. I hope you have, or will, explain to your aunt. And tell your uncle he's an ass. As for your cousin, she won't listen anyway.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Tell your cousin if she doesn't stop texting you will call the police for harassment. Then call your Aunt and explain to her what you meant. But I have to add that you shouldn't let your husband make ever decision for you. If you think someone your age is capable of watching your kid then let them. Your husband has a poor excuse.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• What's wrong with friends or family your age babysitting?
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Wow...that is sad! You should just try and explain. I also wonder why your husband is so against people his age babysitting? There is nothing you can do when people just want to fight and have drama, but try and explain to your mom and aunt and let your cousin be upset for now. When she calms down you should try to explain to her as well or have your aunt tell her.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Am I correct to assume that not letting friends or family your aga babysit your child is not a personal thing against anyone? It's more or less a preference (or phobia) your husband has? Invite your cousin, your mom, and your aunt to your house and just have a honest conversation face-to-face. Be calm. Be clear about this is not a reflection of how you feel about them/their lifestyle, etc. and you love them dearly.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Family is great at blowing stuff way out of proportion!!!!!
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My husband and I decided when I was pregnant with my first that no one, I mean, NO ONE was going to babysit our children period.  This has offended MANY of our friends and family.  Your husband, while I think it's silly, is right.  And your family should respect that.  Maybe you should clarify with your aunt and cousin.  If she is calling you nasty stuff just because of this, she didn't need to watch him anyways babe. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• And I am curious too, lol.  What is your husbands reasoning?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Well I have to keep the peace in my house too. I don't know why but he really only trusts his mom but accepts it when my mom or grandma babysit too. I don't agree with it and I am working on that with him trust me we even talked about it on the way home. he is just an only child who was raised by his mom only and never really had anyone else around and he just doesn't trust many people. I don't know why. it is also our first child and he is only 7 mo so he is a little over protective.
    CarlieJS

Comment by CarlieJS (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Oh and I did send my aunt an email on facebook explaining the NO ONE part. and a little background to make it a little personal about HER not babysitting. She is bipolar and she freaks out all the time. she is one out of 2 family members that causes all the family drama. she yells at my whole family all the time calls her mom a bitch to her face makes my grandma cry insults everyone and she upset my husband a few years ago and he has just recently started to slowly forgive her. He just doesn't feel comfortable leaving our 7 month old with someone that gets mad and throws fits and yells so much all the time.
    CarlieJS

Comment by CarlieJS (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2011