from breast to bottle...help!

My daughter is almost 6 months old, and I'm attempting to wean her from breast to bottle. My problem? I have used the bottle with her before, but ever since we started eating baby food, she won't take a single bottle.
I waitress a few days a week, and my mom had been watching her. She would feed her, but wouldn't even attempt to give her a bottle I found out, saying she "didn't want it." She would try to give her the bottle, and after only one attempt, she would say she didn't want it. It's very irritating to me, because now all she knows is eating from the breast.
When I try to give her a bottle, she will look at it, put it in her mouth for a second, and then get push it away.
I have looked up tips on the net about weaning, but I figured I'd ask my CM friends first! Please, any ideas would be great! And also, if anyone disagrees with me weaning her so soon, please do not respond. This is my own personal choice and I hope everyone can respect that. (There are moms around where I live that are RELIGIOUS about breastfeeding, and I totally support that. But I don't want to BF more than a year at the most, and am hoping to quit now.)
Please..any advice please throw my wayyyy! Thank you!

Graicysmom10

Asked by Graicysmom10 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would suggest dont even give her a bottle i stop bf my youngest at 12 months and i gave her a bottle instead ( weaning her was hard) and i wish i had never gave her a bottle it was a even bigger fight to get her off the dumb bottle. So maybe try a lil sippy cup,
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I've been told about the sippy cup as well. Should I start out with 1/2 bmilk and 1/2 formula as well? And what kind of sippy cup would you suggest?
    Graicysmom10

Comment by Graicysmom10 (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yea , i would do breast milk and slowly add in formula eliminating the breast milk, and as for sippys theres alot http://www.babytipsonline.com/sippy-cup <--- heres a site that has some options and they r all BPA free . But try one of those u might have to try a couple differnt ones till u find one that u n ur baby will like GL
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Milk before solids

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2011