Not happy for prego ppl

I want to be happy for friends (or people that are) that are pregnant but because mine was so sh*tty it is hard to be happy for other people. One time I said something mean to a lady cause I was kinda upset that she would have the love and support from friends and family that I didnt get. How can I get over this? I don't want to be evil holding on to anger.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No matter how angry you are or how mean you might be to others, it will never change your situation. I used to be a very angry person to the point it was taking over my life. Finally, one day I decided I was tired of it all and started to forgive everyone who had done bad things to me. I didn't say anything directly to these people because most of them were out of my life. I also forgave myself for mean things I'd done to others. It took me a long time to get to that point because it just took time to sort it all out in my head. Maybe something like this would help you?
    There are others out there like you who are or were pregnant with no support or no one to be happy for them. You could try to find them through a womens shelter or volunteer program. If you were to help make others lives better it may also help you be less angry/mean. Doing good will make you feel good!
    I hope this helps, good luck out there!
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 10:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You should've come here and gotten some support!  :)  That's just ridiculous!  I would support you and I don't even know you! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• are you pregnant now?
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 9:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• well why are you holding on to the anger? that is the first question to ask yourself. is it about them being pregnant. sometimes we think the reason is at the surface but usually its something else. something we really do not see right away but someone else has to open our eyes too. its good to think about positive things everyday. start saying something nice about yourself and your family environment.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with feeling "left out" because people have things that you didn't, in this case love and support.  You didn't have any friends who supported you?  You need new friends babe.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You really need to find a way to get over this because it's not their fault that they had someone to love and support them. This is why I hate jealousy. I hope what you said wasn't horribly mean. I don't understand this because I want everyone to be happy and have the love and support I have in my life. I would never say mean things to someone to bring them down just because I'm jealous that they are happy.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• maybe your just grieving that void from not having family close by. At least your aware of it now, dont beat yourself up over it, but you dont need to act on it either. Maybe getting into counseling would help you with it.
    Anonymous

• No.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Im angry my pregnancy wasnt like the movies and stuff lol silly as that sounds.Where I lived the people were nightmares and were verbally abusive, my family wasn't around, and I didnt have a lot of friends around to do stuff with. I felt alone alot. I know the problem is with me not them...im jealous of someoen that has the loving support and wont have to go through anything I went through.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Im confused. Are you still pregnant? I had my kids without the love and support from family, they live 3000 miles away and so did his. Come to think of it, since my divorce I have raised my kids all on my own, no family within 3000 miles. Why are you angry? It is what it is, I guess cause Im older and have been dealing with this a long time I have come to accept it. Its a little rough around the holidays and Im kinda sad my kids grew up without grandparents or aunts or uncles, but we are a family, the three of us and they know I love them so much. Try to look at what you do have, not what you dont have. I do understand that empty void though. good luck with your very wonderful family you have created!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2011