Menu ideas...

8 adults, 7 kids 6 and under. Close family and friends, casual b-day celebration. Would love some ideas for an easy and delicious meal that will please everyone. And I am always looking for new fabulous appetizer ideas too, thanks!

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 9:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Don't know if this would be appealing to you guys, but this is what we did for our twin boys birthday party just last week:
    Made everything the day before...
    BBQ Beef
    Pulled Pork
    Rolls
    Potato Salad
    Cheesy mashed potatoes
    Chips, Dip
    Veggie Platter, Fruit Platter
    Soda, Water
    Homemade Ice Cream Cake
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• since they're close, why not make it a potluck? with dd's 2nd bday, we had about 50 people come, friends and family. no way could i afford that so i had the closest family bring things. we had some family come from out of town, not as close, so i didn't ask them to bring anything, neither did i ask the friends.

or have a cookout, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, pasta salad, baked beans, ect. that's what we did for dd's 1st bday.

for my son's 1-3 birthday's, we had finger foods, since it's normally cold outside for his birthday, we did it between lunch and dinner, small sandwiches, chips, dip, veggies, fruit, pigs in a blanket, ect. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Wow, CABlonde, impressive menu!

Sadly, we are in the dead of winter and the grill is under snow, so no cook outs or BBQ for us until at least March, sigh.
    gramsmom

Comment by gramsmom (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• We love to do tacos or sloppy joes when we have a "crowd" that includes lots of little ones.
    JTLMOMMY

Answer by JTLMOMMY at 10:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• BBQ Beef or Pork come out great in the crockpot, just put your roast and some onions and garlic if you like in the crockpot with a bottle or two of your favorite bbq sauce, and let it cook all day (I do it a day ahead for a party, then just reheat in the crockpot.

Sloppy Joes, hashbrown casserole, salad, chips

Enchilada Casserole, rice, salad, fresh fruit, tortillas chips and salsa

My boys always loved Hashbrown Casserole as a main dish with polska kielbasa in it, and it always disappears. I serve it with salad and fresh fruit.

Chili with chips and cheese, a veggie platter and fresh fruit platter

I always choose something that can be made ahead so that I don't have last minute kitchen clean up.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Chili bar
    Taco bar
    Assorted pizza
    Salad bar

Answer by rkoloms at 7:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Baked ziti
    HisCat

Answer by HisCat at 1:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2011