Family

What do you do when you let one of your husbands friends move in, and he just doesn't want to move out. Eveytime you mention him moving out the friend goes out and poughts. Then my husband gets mad at me, because his friend gets upset. He has been here for 6 months and is sleeping in the same room as my 1 year old child. And my 2 year old is sleeping in our room. There is no alone time for me and my husband, and his friend won't clean his room, clean his clothes, and he never takes a shower. I could just keep going on and on, but I won't. Basically what would you do in this situation. Oh I can't leave out the fact that his friend went out and bought a new car, so that tells you right there that he has no intentions of moving out!!!! HELP!!!!

gabbard0223

Asked by gabbard0223 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Shame on your husband, he should be putting his family first! I'd tell him that you weren't comfortable having sex with his friend in the house and see how long it takes for him to kick his buddy out. :)

Otherwise, I think you need to sit down with the friend and tell him what you told us...it would creep me out having someone else staying in my baby's room!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Omg, i feel so bad for you! Remind him it's not just his home, it's yours and your children's too. I'd tell him if he wants to play, "Odd Couple", he and his stinky friend can move out and get their own place together.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 9:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• hahahaha, i loved katie's answer! shut off his booty calls! great idea!W
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 9:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• AHHH I was in the same situation but for 3 years. Everytime we would move I would tell the roommate and the day we were moving he was to to are new house! Really annoying. One thing I wish I would have done is not make things so easy, like I wouldn't invite him for supper or tell him it was ready, I wouldn't do his laundry, I would stop giving my husband sex lol that might work the best, you really just have to make it not a vacation for him make him do chores and stuff.
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• That's horrible. Tell him that his friend is an adult and fully capable of taking care of himself... and your family needs him to put them first. Start charging him rent and see how fast he leaves. You should atleast get something for your trouble.
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 9:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• my first though is how could you trust anyone to be alone with a one yr old no matter how safe he may appear to you. yeah i would make things harder for him so much that he calls you a bitch.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I went through the same thing with my BIL, the final straw was when he came home dunk and threw his t.v. at me and almost hit my baby's bassinet while the baby was in it. I called the police and had him removed and told my husband it was him or me.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Well for 1 ur husband should be putting his wife an children first an for 2 i wouldnt trust no friend around my babys. I would tell ur husband that he needs to choose either his friend or his family an if he chooses his friend then they both can leave. Thats just how i would do it
    Trinismom2008

Answer by Trinismom2008 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2008