What would you want to happen?

I guess I will put this in here since, in the end, it is a political debate. I watched Gone Baby Gone for probably the 3rd time the other night. But I haven't seen it in quite awhile. I have a 4 year old son now. So at the end of the movie, when they show the poor little boy who was murdered by the sick pedifile I almost puked!! I absolutely was screaming at the tv. And even now, 3 days later, I think about it and get soooooo mad! As I am watching, and the guy ends up shooting the pedifile I wonder to myself, if that were to ever happen to my baby what would I want to do to that man? And I honestly knew I would want that man to suffer as bad if not far worse then my baby did. I have always believed in some cases the death penelty should be used, but in the case of this I think the guy shouldn't even be given a "nice" death, like lethal injection. I think the parents should have ever right to choose how the man is killed. And I would pick the most horrible way possible. If he took it into his own hands to kill such an innocent child in such a sick way, the parents should be able to take his life! How do you feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• If any one would harm my child in such a way I would track the SOB down and take him captive and slowly torture him, make sure he dies a slow very painful death. That's how I believe any sicko should die.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i do not think it is in my power to decide who lives and dies... but if anyone hurt my baby... Id want to be the one to kill them for sure, and in the worst way possible. So... call me a hypocrite but no one hurts my baby.
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 1:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I am what I would call hyper sensitive about my kids..... esp my 1st born. I jump to conclusions and sometimes my anger gets the best of me. Once at an indoor playground a MUCH older/bigger kid walked up to him and just when WHOOMP and knocked him down. I sprung out of my seat like an animal and my husband had to pin me back with force. I think I was going to actually push that child. He was around 7ish my son around 2 1/2 ish .... if someone killed or molested or whatever my kids I think it would resemble the movie "Hard Candy". I'd go all kinds of crazy.....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• If someone harmed my child jail would be the least of their concerns.  I wouldn't even let them make it that far.  What would they get sentenced to?  Eating and living off of my husbands tax dollars!?  I don't think so.  That's a slap in the face. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I agree. If someone harmed my child, they'd better hope to God the police get to them before I do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think a piece of this debate that is missing is how pedophiles become pedophiles. They don't pop into the universe fully formed.

If you think you can even imagine the horrors of a childhood that it takes to get there, you're dreaming. The idea that you can come up with ANYTHING that isn't a million times kinder, more comfortable and respectful than what has already happened to them is sheer fantasy.

So, while you righteously plot revenge, it may be worth a moment's pause to consider how an innocent baby ends up a 49yo like that.

Besides: how does it serve your child's well-being, to be the child of a vengeful sadist?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• yes, i would do very very bad things... i cannot say more... but there would be great suffering. i would be sure of two things - i would never be caught (there Are ways) and my child would never know that i did it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011