3 year old has the flu

SO i took my daughter in to the doc cuz i thought she had a bladder infection ( she peed the bed like 3 times this week) she was fine when she went to bed last night till 2 am when she came crying into my bed burning up saying her belly hurt and then sure enough she peed in my bed. The doc said it was probably a fourm of the flu and shed be better in 48 hours or so. She ate a tiny bit of ceral early today and has been sippping Gatoraid i made her some soup but she doesnt want to eat. She cant even stay awake she serioiusly has only been up for maybe 3 hours total today. Wich i know is good , and has had a fever about all day too mostly low grade i only had to give her tylenol twice today. i have 2 kids and they have never had the flu. Im guessing this is normal ? is it ok shes not eating?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Kids' Health

• no food is fine but fluids are sooooooo important!!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my dd is 2 and she has been sick with the flu for 4 days she didnt eat for the first 2 then yesterday she wanted to eat and then today nothing. docs said just give her fluids and keep her relaxed
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Keep pushing fluids and alternating tylenol and motrin every 2 hours for fever, hope she gets well soon!
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 10:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I got her to eat some lil manrain oranges and i have her sipping gatoraid, but she has really just slept all day, she has a fever right now so i out a cold rag on her head
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Gatorade is fairly toxic. Stick with water, kiwi (loaded with potassium and vitamin C), miso soup, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Make her drink liquids.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:41 PM on May. 31, 2011