Long lasting Jaundice and milk allergies? I mean like she's 10 mths and still a little yellow.

She had it borderline bad a birth she shouldve been under the lights but she wasn't b/c it was borderline. Anyways it was bad for like 4 mths and she's still a little yellow at 10 mths. My hubby and i are pasty white. SHe should be too. She also has milk allergies i'm wondering if there's a link and if anyone else had these together also. She's had kidney ultasound and tests they're fine.Thanks!

MommaoflittleZ

Asked by MommaoflittleZ at 9:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You know we've had this same problem with our son! He's 11 months, and a few weeks ago I took him in and had them do a billyruben check.. it was fine- they said it could be from eathing lots of veggies, and it doesnt just have to be yellow and orange ones!! So, maybe that's what's going on with your little kiddo!
    lifes_a_circus

Answer by lifes_a_circus at 10:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Is your doctor concerned about Jaundice? Jaundice is usually liver related- not Kidney related so I guess I'm not clear on why your daughter had a Kidney ultrasound. One other thing I;d mention- is we're pretty pasty white over here- and when my daughter was about that age- she had a slight yellow orange tint (especially on the soles of her feet and the palms of her hands) because she was eating all orange veggies and fruits. I think you see that more in the pale babies than in darker skinned babies. Are the whites of her eyes yellow at all? Because that is a definite sign of Jaundice. I don't know about anything with milk allergies and jaundice.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would have her l;evels checked and maybe have them do an ultrasound of the liver. Jaundice comes from the liver and why they looked at the kidneys baffles me...I would get a second opinion if it were one of my sons...Good luck!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• The very same thing happened with my oldest daughter! You know though, I never associated the yellowing with her dairy allergy! What a great observation though. She too had yellowing until oh geesh it's been 22 years ago, but for several months. I had to stop breast feeding her and put her on prosobee formula and even after all of these years she still dairy allergic!! If you need more help on dealing with dairy allergies, I invite you to pm (I have great tips and great products to eat)! I recently found out that I have dairy allergies, it is passed from Mom to child. As long as her kidney's are okay, I'm thinking she'll grow out of the yellowing like my daughter did. Her dairy allergy caused colic and bad gastrointestinal problems. We didn't know off hand that she was allergic, trial and error. Always though, if you are concerned, talk with your doctor about it.

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• *liver not kidney..... : D
    blessed5x

• Hi i know it's a liver thing, but we have terrible kidney problems in my family and i guess that can cause some yellowness to at least so i've been told. I will look into her liver again more thoroughly though thanks everyone!
    MommaoflittleZ

Answer by MommaoflittleZ at 1:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2008