How many of you tease your hair?

Bigger hair the better?
I've never tried teasing it, but I have really flat hair and need some VOLUME! How much does it damage your hair to tease it? How long does it hold like that? Any ideas or tips would be wonderful! Thanks ladies!

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 10:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don't but mainly because i don't know how
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I used to tease my hair in the 80's....I had BIG, BIG hair then, and loved it, I rarely tease it now, and if I do, not so big. I really didn't have any problems with damage. I will tell you how I got the volume. I'd curl my hair on hot rollers, spray it with Final Net hair spray (Not Aqua Net). Let the rollers cool completely. Remove the curlers, turn my hair upside down, spray my hair with more final net, let it dry. Flip my hair back, and spray and let dry. Then tease the layers of curls, gently brush it out (mostly on the surface, and spray again with Final Net. I will admit, that my hair was pretty much shellacked in place, but it stayed, and I didn't lose the volume.

I know it sounds crazy, but I always had tons of volume.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I haven't teased mine since the 80's.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yes somewhat. I have to because my hair is also so flat. I have a suggestion for you though. There is a product called volumizing hair powder. You sprinkle it at the root, tease the hair just slightly and then spray. Also, if you blow out your hair with a round brush, that too, will give you volume. Passing it on from my salon management days.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011