What would you do? *Follow up to a question I had on here before*

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/692996/Would_you_be_mad

DH is still pressing on with buying this stupid Explorer. He has put $500 down on it kinda like layaway for a car. I really feel like moving out over this, mostly because he is not respecting me.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't put up with it.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• If it were me, I would tell him that if he gets that car, that I will leave. End of story.

If he cares nothing about my feelings, then it won't bother him when I leave.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• He keeps egging this mess on, talking about "my new Explorer". I am ready to choke him or move out and take all the kids with me.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• don't blame ya!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Ignore him. Show zero effect. If already knows how you feel leave it alone. It will bother him more to not know what your thinking than to know??????
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• if your husband is dead set on it, you might have to let him win.......sometimes wives have to suck it up for their husbands. if you want to leave over something like this thats a problem. try to work it out!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 10:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Ethans Ma I promise it is about so much more than a car.This is the 3rd time he has pulled this stunt. I feel very disrespected and not at all like his wife or partner. And I have told him as much. We cannot afford this at all. I have already been 6 months with nothing to drive because our other car got repo'd. If he would just settle for something that is not so new and expensive!!! He is so worried about what other people think of him.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I would have to wonder if he is Bipolar and in a manic state. My husband used to do this kind of thing with computers, he once bought me a car on a credit card with a $10,000 limit. He often buys things that are unnecessary without talking to me first. It might help to point out the pattern. ?? Maybe get some counseling? But it is okay to set boundaries.
    laffnalltheway

Answer by laffnalltheway at 11:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I'd be pissed. I believe that if you're in a committed relationship, one shouldn't go around making big purchases behind the other's back. My fiance came home one night with a PS3 and I about had a heart attack, seeing as we had bills to pay at the time.

I'd say talk to him about it. He needs to respect you, and not just do something and expect you to go along with it.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Does the Explorer have 3 rows of seats? If not, how can ya'll fit?
    It sounds like he is baiting you, knowing you are pissed, and keeping on talking about the vehicle. Does he even have any plans on selling one of the ones you already have? We have 4 vehicles, 2 don't really run. They are works in progress. Hubby is not allowed to buy another without selling 2. He would prefer to not have that rule, but he is ok with it.
    You need to find a way to put your foot down. You are in a marriage. Demand respect, and if he doesn't give it, the rethink the marriage. It's not a healthy one if there is no mutual respect. And right now, you ain't gettin it. If you have already had one vehicle repo'ed, and you can't afford this one he's wanting, he really needs to find his balls, and figure out how to be a man, and do whats right. Remind him of that. He's just not going to like it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2011