Bithday party

Any ideas on where to have my daughters 1st birthday party?? I need to have it be fun for her older sister and all the older kids who are coming. She is the baby of the fam and all our friends. Ty!!

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 10:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Entertainment

• Why not do it at home? For my oldest son's 1st birthday we did a Teddy Bear Picnic, and everything was of course around the Teddy Bear theme. The kids brought their favorite Teddy Bear, and if they wanted to they could dress it up. I had a basket of Teddy Bears for those that didn't bring one with them (you could even have things to dress them up in....) We had a Teddy Bear parade, and played the "Bear Necessities" song from Disney's Jungle Book movie. We gave certificates and prizes for funniest Teddy Bear, most original Teddy Bear, biggest Teddy Bear, tiniest, the one that looked most like it's owner...you get the idea.

I made chocolate Teddy bear suckers, Sandwiches cut with a Teddy Bear cookie cutter, and decorated in a jungle theme. It was really a fun party, and the kids all had a blast....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• We did it at him and I had ponies come over. All the kids had a blast riding ponies all afternoon.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Oh man...I meant at home!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my house is not big enough to have all the people I would like to have come, and it is very cold where I live
    rileymommy

Comment by rileymommy (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011