Peperation H and puffy eyes

I heard that you can rub some Peperation H under your eyes to reduce puffiness. Has anyone ever tried this? Does it work for dark circles under eyes?

Honda309

Asked by Honda309 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• For puffiness yes...never heard it would help for dark circles.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I would say no,,,just cause it doesnt sound like something that should be near your eyes. Read the instructions. But Ive never heard of this before...Be super careful around your eye area hon, you could do real damage to your eyes and you dont want that
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have heard of that
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It works on puffy eyes. I wish it did work on dark circles!
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 10:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• it does work on puffy eyes i used to use it
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Preparation H has an ingredient that shrinks tissue, so yes, it will work for puffy eyes. Probably better than the eye cream you can spend a small fortune on at the department store. I sill use the eye cream-- preparation H smells terrible, it's greasy, and you have a tough time wearing it under make-up. I suppose you can use it at night before you go to bed, but I don't think it works that long to avoid puffiness in themorning, but I've never tried it. I dont' think I'd like to smell that stuff before goign to bed!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It doesn't work for dark circles. Those are symptoms of health issues, which need to be addressed before they'll go away. You can lighten them with pressed powder or highlighter, but they're causes from things happening inside your body.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Try Vit K for dark circles. Along with sleep :) Yes on the puffy eyes and fyi, coffee grinds work well for temp visual effects on cellulite :)

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Preperation-H isn't meant to go under eyes, so be careful if you do try it. It restricts the blood flow so you don't have the pain associated with hemmoroids. Anything made for the rectum should be carefully considered. What does work for puffy eyes is soak a spoon in ice water, using the bottom of the spoon and roll gently over the eyes will reduce swelling.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2011