Has anyone else experienced this?........ adult content

Here's the deal......December 27th started period (on time) lasted until Jan. 3rd (4 days longer than normal) six days later on Jan.10th started period again (just a heavy as normal period) on Jan. 13th called OB/Gyn she said to take pregnancy test b/c could be another m/c or hormonal imbalance and to watch it to see what happens, it ended on Jan. 16th (7 days), then on Jan. 19th started spotting and bleeding increased to normal flow on Jan. 21st and is still going. WTH is going on?!?!?!?! FYI I had a m/c on Aug. 6th and everything went back to normal after that until now. Please post suggestions I would really appreciate it.

kaceym08

Asked by kaceym08 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i would call the doc and have her do an u/s to see if you dont have any cysts causing the bleeding and also an iron test to see what your levels are and if you need some iron because of so much bleeding. you shouldnt be bleeding this much. yes it may be a hormonal thing or it could be because of any new medication you might be on. but get another doc appt.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• the only time i've bled off and on like that is when i've had cysts bursting
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Thank you very much ladies! I should also add that I have had cramps mostly on the lower right side but now getting some on the left. I wondered if it was cysts but sinve I have never had them (that I know of) I wasn't sure. I am planning on calling the doctor next week because I am concerned and tired of AF staying for an extened visit.
    kaceym08

Comment by kaceym08 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• The only time I ever bleed like that was when I was having a tubal m/c. When I took a home test it gave me a negative reading. I went on about my life for weeks till I ended up in the ER and they did a blood test to find out what might be wrong with me and I was  pregnant. After having an ultrasounds at the ER it was discovered that I was having a tubal m/c. I hope this is not the case for you. You should call your Dr. just to see what your hormone levels might be, check for endo, make sure you aren't having a tubal. I hope it is something small and things work out for you quickly. The only other time I bleed like that was when my husband and I decided not to keep going on with fertility treatments.  As the med's where living me my body was trying to level out my hormones again. This caused me to bleed for months straight. I was miserable.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2011