Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps


So I'm a in home CNA. I work with a mentally handicapped lady. I have vented about this before, but it's never been this bad. I'm at work now. She's in a really bad mood. She just grabed my hand and bent it backwards I thought she was going to break my wrist. It hurts really bad. I finally got her off my hand and sat her down. She gets straight back up and tries to hit me. So I block it with my arm and she comes up with her other arm and tries to hit me. She about fell on top of me. To remind you all I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant. I just can't do this anymore. I can't take the chances of her hurting my baby. The thing is though I can't quit. My DH lost his job and I'm the only one bringing income in right now. I just don't know what to do.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • Can't you take on a job somewhere else as a CNA?

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • I am a CNA get another job..... Even lifting more is better than combative behaviors...Good luck its not an easy job pregnant.i did it with my first two in a nursing home. I work for hopsice now.

    Answer by hill2 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • i would report it to your employer and ask to be reassigned to another client. one that isnt combative. i am a cna as well and when i got pregant i did quit because i didnt feel i could lift clients without causing problems with the pregancy. (i had already went to the er once for cramping, luckily everything turned out fine) only luckly we could afford for me not to work. but talk to your employer if you work for a larger company that has more clients.

    Answer by laura970 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • I agree with laura970, you should report this to your employer.

    Answer by sheer_heart at 11:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • if you work for a company maybe they can change your postion. talk to her family maybe they can help. but dont let her hurt you.

    Answer by stressedoutgran at 11:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • At this point, I would file a workers comp claim; you may also want to see if you have any options through your state's department of labor

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • I say ask for a transfer.....and start looking for another job just incase!

    Answer by how_reb at 9:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.