How do you feel about premarital sex?

When I was 13, my father bought me a purity ring for Christmas & I was okay with that & a lot of the guys who I thought liked me for me really just wanted to sleep with me, so that purity ring saved me from being humiliated & crushed. But how do you feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I think saving yourself for your husband is the very best thing you can do. I know I'm very glad I did =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I feel that since I did not have premarital sex I saved myself a lot of hurt and baggage that I would have carried into my marriage. My husband and I both waited for each other and for our wedding night. I can't imagine it being any other way.
    Anonymous

• I think it was absolutely awesome that your dad was able to teach you about caring about yourself in such a loving way. I think you are correct, young girls having sex too soon is nothing short of playing with fire.

I don't have a problem with premarital relations between consenting adults over the age of 18 at the very least.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 9:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have never been married and have a 4 year old son. You would think that I would say I didn't think it mattered but I tell my sister everyday that having premartial sex was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Now I have a great little boy, but his father is horrible to me. If I would have taken the time to get to know him I could have raised my son in alot better of an environment. So I think that you really should wait. It won't hurt anyone.
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• The only person I've had sex with is the person I married...though we did it before we were married or even engaged. I knew (as much as I person can know) that we'd end up where we are now (happily married, starting a family), so I felt perfectly ok with giving up my V card.

Honestly, I think you should graduate and be prepared for consequences that come from sex. I hate to refer to a child as a "consequence", but it's either potentially be a single parent, have an abortion, or just be lucky a lot and have your birth control always work. I was conceived before my parents were married, and though they're still together 26 years later, I always wonder if I would be here...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think that it is okay with two consenting adults over the age of 18 as well. I think kids are having sex way too young these days. I was 18 and out of high school. Yes, I did make some mistakes, and probably slept with some people that I shouldn't have, BUT I have no regrets. I live and I learn. I am happily married to the most wonderful man. Yes, we had our son before we were married, and found out I was pregnant only two weeks into our "official" relationship, but we're meant to be, and we are very happy!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 9:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i wish i had waited the first time but i did with my second husband. you don't want to regret anything i think when you save yourself there is not regret there.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you are with someone you really care about.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I am happily married, but...premarital sex is my biggest regret. So much baggage was brought into our marriage, and it could have been avoided.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• my sex life with my husband before we were married was so much more fun and exciting...but i have baggage from other sexual relationships that were never anything more. in therapy now i am also working trough repressed memories that involve sexual abuse as a child, and we don't know to what extent, but i have a big problem with confusing love and sex with my husband. i am very glad i was a little older when i lost my virginity, but if i had waited only a few more months i would have met my husband and i think it would have made our relationship stronger.
    Anonymous