Know it alls here on Cafemom

Are you tired of the moms, whom at every question have an answer for EVERYTHING? They must be googling and then pretending that these are their own words. I can think of 3 immediately, who seem to know everything. It reminds me of CSI episodes how the forensic team seems to specialize in everything from blood spatter to guitar strings to IT. A bit ridiculous, right? There's one in particular who answers every question with a know it all condescending attitude whether it's about food, discipline, whatever. Why join a site like this to only talk smack and insult other mothers? Have you no real life of your own? Every time I sign on, I see answers from these individuals and I just don't understand why they bother. Clearly, the answers the have come from a website, but yet they still act as though they are the utmost of sources and that their word is gospel. I just don't get it. Is your family sick of your judgmental self and so you must unleash your idiocy here to us unwilling innocent victims?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Why join a site like this to only talk smack and insult other mothers? Have you no real life of your own?

Maybe you should take your own advise? It's hypocritical to complain about someone for doing the same thing you are doing right now.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I was trying to find my words to answer but Jadesmom said it best
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Hmmm. Well, thank you for your response, but you yet you didn't answer my question at all. I am talking about people who criticize other's parenting from everything to nutrition to education. These women pretend to know everything. I'm sure many have read this and completely agree, but now are afraid to respond due to your reply. It's really not that hard to see. Just look around and you will see who I am talking about and you will wonder. "What was her major? Was it bee keeping, was it nutrition, was it martial arts, was it construction, was it religion, was it basket weaving?"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Wow, why are you hiding behind anon? Clearly you're annoyed but why hide yourself! If it bothers you that much then why do you come on at all? Just wondering!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I'm not "hiding" behind anything, Kathy. I know 3 Kathy's, are you one of them? I DON'T KNOW. I'm no more anonymous than you are unless your head is shaped like a coffee mug and saucer.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• popcorn

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I've known some moms who were very opinionated about health and parenting who were condescending, but I haven't seen them post in every category like you're talking about. And I know they didn't plagiarize their answers from websites, it's just what they've read and practiced and they believe it really strongly. I do know they can be very rude, and I don't like that. Even if I think I have superior knowledge to someone, or if I think someone's downright ignorant or wrong, i try to answer in a way that will be helpful, not offensive.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• im sorryHope its not me. I try to be helpful with suggestions, but I dont have all the answers here thats for sure!

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You are right, I have no life, My whole life is sitting here in front of my computer answering questions-no matter how inane they are. Am I sarcastic? Probably, it depends on how much I've had to drink. Do I know it all? You bet, I have lived 56 years, two times what you have lived I'm guessing. I've lived it all, seen it all, and heard pretty much everything. Except I hadn't ever heard of a second grade teacher who was not aware that two of his students were having oral sex in his classroom, while a bunch of other kids were taking off their clothes! Nope, never heard such a thing, until I brought up Cafe Mom last night. Check it out, no shit.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It's not you, Beyondhopes. Everything I see you say is lovely and more than appropriate. I swear I'm not a basher, that is not the purpose here. It's wondering why someone leave 2-3 paragraph answers for every question, not only seeming to specialize in that area, but also be a negative response.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011