anybody??

anyone have any ferret(s)? what funny things have your pet(s) done? mine are my "love monkeys"

diamondsarecool

Asked by diamondsarecool at 11:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pets

• We went through a few growing up. First, my cousin had us "ferret-sit" for him. He had two, and they were quite friendly and entertaining. The loved to "ferret" things away under my moms bed: anything rubber, anything shiny. If we threw a blanket on the floor, the loved to tunnel through the folds.

Because we lived in california, ferrets were actually illegal, so once I got one for my brother in washington. I was living at boarding school, and kept this adorble little snaggle-tooth baby in my closet for awhile.

Later my other brother got one, and she was NASTY! Oh how I hated her. She loved to attack feet and bite ankles. When she was loose in the house, I usually huddled up on a chair. Once my cousin stuck her in my face and she bit my eyebrow/eyelid! The funniest thing that happened was when my brother's friend was holding her in front of him one day. (cont)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Had one once. Technically it was my brothers' but still.. I would always laugh because she was always running around in circles and squeezing into places to hide, and then she'd pop out of nowhere and play bite me.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• no no ferrets for us. we have two dogs and two cats. i find it funny when we play fetch in the house and the lab goes after the ball and cant stop and slides past the ball. or when the cats jump up onto their counter and slides all the way across it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• He was holding her around the middle with both hands, like a glass of milk, and her head was drooped foward looking around the room. Suddenly, without warning, she lifted her had up and latched on to his lower lip!!! There was a moment of shock, and then everyone in the room starting laughing, as she just kept holding on. finally my brother jumped up and pried her off! Haha!

I found that if you hold a ferret on your lap on its back with it's head lying between your knees, and you scratch it's neck on either side, it will let it's head fall back and might even go to sleep!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Oh, and for my brother's birthday when we gave him the farret, I made him a cake and decorated it with brown frosting "ferret poop".
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Adelicious... Oh My Gosh!!! That is halarious!! i wish I would of seen the facial expressions. lmao!! that is too funny!! LOl :0}
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my husband got me my first ferret as a b-day gift. I looked in the carrier and said " what is it?" lol the way it played I thought something was mentally wrong with it. lol ferrets are halarious once you educate yourself about them. it didn't take me long to be attached to her. they give lots of love. our ferrets jump in the shower with my husband when they hear the water turn on. no joke!! ferrets resemble a cat in alot of ways. Beyond FUNNY once you break them out of biting first. if you gently grip there neck behind their head, and stroke their body from chin down several times they will yawn and fall asleep. I got all my 8 ferrets for free from recycle, people my husband work with had other relatives that were giving them away. we basically rescued them all. not all at same time though. Ferrets will play with dogs and cats. we never leave them alone. they are always supervised, loved and spoiled!
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• when ferrets bite your ankles, legs , feet they are actually "love bites" they only want to play. never put a ferret up to anyones face especially your own. ferret most likely felt threatened or scared for some reason. never have anyone put their face close to a ferrets face. there's alot of websites about ferrets. there usually a good reason for ferret to be aggressive.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• adelicious... how do i continue your post to read the rest??? new to me
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• laura970.. my cats and dogs do the exact same. my brother in law has a cat that runs from on side of roof of trailer all the way to the other end . you can hear his fast footsteps from inside trailer. funny! does it repeatedly.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2011