Vaccine debates ???

Yes I refuse to get my children vaccinated. And I have taken my share of criticism from mothers who do, telling me I am a bad mother or I dont care and want my kids to get some deadly disease. But my question is to those same women do you know about this law. And what do you think its there for. Years ago kids and parents were not forced in to getting shots and hey we are here as proof that they did well without them. What do you think

On October 1, 1988, the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 (Public Law 99-660) created the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). The VICP was established to ensure an adequate supply of vaccines, stabilize vaccine costs, and establish and maintain an accessible and efficient forum for individuals found to be injured by certain vaccines.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Health

• I have had my 2 month old son vaccinated with his first round but I do have concerns. I did it because it's just what everyone does. But I've heard about the link to Autism and that scares me. So I wonder if I did the right thing. Because if he does get it, I'll never forgive myself. If you don't have your children vaccinated, can you enroll them in school? Because I know that's a requirement unless they changed it...
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 9:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I believe that any public school under State funding has to accept your waiver but private schools do not.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• All 50 states have exemptions from vaccinations, whether it be for medical, religious, or philosophical reasons. Private schools may have to follow the public school system or not depending on the state where you live.
    http://www.909shot.com/state-site/state-exemptions.htm

If you think vaccinations don't have risks, why do you think you are sent home with a list of risks? If you aren't sent home with a list of possible risks and side effects, as well as benefits, you were not given INFORMED CONSENT.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2008