What is your degree in? What is your job?

I ask because I am trying to get into the nursing program, again. I didn't get in last year because they changed things late, and you have to be CNA registered. MANY people didn't get that in time, including me. (I got a call, that if I could by next week I'd get in) Now I'm worried I won't get in this year either. I have the CNA course done, but not been to state yet to get tested, and on the registry. I'm scared, actually, of failing. I hate failing. And, honestly, I'm discouraged. But I'm still trying. But, if I don't get in, I've got to try something. But I can't think of anything else. So, I'm wondering what others have degrees in, what others do for a living, to get ideas. May sound stupid, but I just don't know. Hubby retires in a few years, and I gotta get this done!

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• Social and Behavioral Science, but still in school to get Bachelors in Justice Studies. I guess that doesn't really answer your question :( But one day I want to be a juvenile probation officer!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have a degree in medical transcription, I have my CNA, I am a senior in a BS of Biomed program. I made it through my Junior year of nursing and decided it wasn't for me. I am currently staying at home. My daughter has issues and she needs me around right now. I want to eventually work in a lab as a microbiologist.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'm waiting to hear back from SEVEN BSN programs, so I can totally relate to the nursing thing. I'm planning to go for my CNM after the BSN program (Certified Nurse Midwife).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My dad keeps saying I should be a radiologist. IDK why. Hubby acts like I couldn't do it, but then again, he says I wouldn't have to be nice. That they aren't ever nice to people.
    I just don't know what I'm even interested in. I would like to own a restaurant, but that's just not practical for us. We are looking to buy a house right now, so I thought about going to Real Estate school. My dad said no, it's a volatile field. IDK. I need to get a degree, and find a career. I frustrated. The ladies with the nursing program are just not very nice. And, the school doesn't require Microbiology, which is crazy. I don't understand that, I think it's stupid. But you have to be CNA registered. The universities don't require CNA. But, I'd need 9 more classes for there. But, I'd have a Bachelors. I could scream.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have my Bachelors in Business Management, which I've had for 2yrs.
    I have an HR certificate, which I got last month.

I am still a server/bartender...I have been on my career hunt for 2-ish years.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I don't have my degree yet but I will be going for my ultrasound technician degree as soon as my kids get a little older, right now I am a SAHM.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My degree is in urban economic geography, with minors in political science and economics.

Currently, I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have a BA in Education, along with my IL state teaching certificate which allows me to teach K-6 and SPED. I am in the middle of applying for a WI license too, for I live 20 min from the border. I am home this year, but want to return to teaching next year.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have my bachelors in Early Childhood Education. I am currently a sahm and have an in-home daycare, so I am definitely using my degree.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Animal Science, I work at home in insurance.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011