would you?

Ok so heres the deal we are expecting baby number 3 april 18th is our due date my 21month old son will be turning 2 april 14th. We are having a c section as im not able to give birth naturally our dr has said he likes to do the c sections at 39weeks or after but befor 40weeks. My husband thinks it would be cool to have this baby on my sons birthday april 14th. I think its a terrrible ideal as they might not like that when they grow up. Its bad enough they will probably have to have one birthday party together i feel they should have different birthdays so that on THEIR day we can do something special just with them. Would you if you were shedually the birth of your child make it for the same day as your other childs birthday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I agree... terrible idea!!! Let each child have their own day for sure!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't do that either. They probably will end up hating it when they're older.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Different days for sure. Each child should have their own special day!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• yup i agree, everyone wants their own birthday :)
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Terrible idea, not to mention, this year, your son wouldn't get that much attention if the baby was born on his birthday...I have a friend who's birthday is a few days before her younger sisters...they get to have a party together, but their own special day, too...I think that is what I would want if I was a kid and they love it...
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 1:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'd never ever want my child to share their b-day with a sibling, a holiday, etc. It's their special day for attention and celebration
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't schedule the c-section on your older son's birthday. If given a choice, I'd much rather them each have their own day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Speaking from experience, I would do it on same day. My oldest sister and I have the same birthday (no c-sections, just happened that way lol ) we never hated it or resented anything, quite the opposite in fact. We always thought it was so cool, this is something that always bonded us together in a weird way. Like we were unique and special. We are now 31 and 39 and never hated it for a minute. On the other side of it, my 2 boys bdays are may 21st and may 25th. I wanted my 2nd csection just done on my oldest bday, but my Dr wouldn't go earlier than the 25th. They have had a single bday party every year together anyway. It's just easier. Not just for us but for family and friends.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Have separate birthdays. If it wasn't your third it might not be a big deal, but I don't think it's fair for one child to have a special day all their own and the other two have to share. JMO

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't have the same birthdays if I were able to choose. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2011