what would you do if you were homeless and found out you were pregnant?

SimplyErathy

Asked by SimplyErathy at 12:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Head to Planned Parenthood! No way would I want to bring a child into that situation. It would be a REALLY hard decision, but I would never be able to live with myself if I couldn't at least provide my child a safe place to sleep at night.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would go for adoption. There is also plenty of time to perhaps get a job and a place to live before the baby comes. I would head to a shelter and go from there.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i'd find out about every available resource out there to help me, and start getting really annoying to get the help I needed if need be.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would buy a ton of wilderness survival books and study very hard. I would then venture out into the wilderness and proceed to build a shelter the old fashioned way. I would set traps to catch animals, and I would use their fur to make my own clothing. Once I was well established I would be ready to have the baby in my new home. If everything went well I would come out of hiding and sell my story to TLC and get my own television show called "Surviving Parenthood" and rake in the profits. I would become a powerful woman and my child could grow up with the care he/she deserves.
    cathyforever

Answer by cathyforever at 12:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would head to an housing authority to find a place to live. I would find the nearest Food Stamp Office and sign up for that and I would look for a way to make money to keep a roof over my babies head.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 12:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• cathyforever, thats what I was just thinking!! lol Isnt that wierd cause the first thing I thought of is that I would go to my pastor at my church. But, if I was homeless I suppose I would have ended up there by not reaching out for help, before ending up on the streets. But,,,,,if I didnt have a church and a safe community and all, I would probably go to planned parenthood too.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• suit yourself.
    cathyforever

Answer by cathyforever at 12:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i would find help somewhere... a church most likely. A birth clinic usually has great resources. I would never consider abortion, there are too many ways to get help in this country! I would def consider adoption if i didnt think i could pull myself out of it.
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would go to a shelter and start looking for help...if I didn't think I could provide for the baby or didn't want the child, I would give it up for adoption.

Abortion is MURDER.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 1:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• As awful as it sounds, but no better time to be homeless than pregnant. Lots more funding, resources, options, etc.
    I'd stay with any family that would have me, too, even if I hated them. I'd surely be getting immediate child support set up as well. I would not be homeless for more than a few days at MOST.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2011