dehydrated

Im normally a huge water drinking fan.. But ever since I became pregnant I have no desire at all to drink it. The thought of it even makes me a little sick. I have had alot of morning sickness, Im completlly de hydrated to the point to where im constipated 60 % of the time. Not really sure what to do here. Anyone else going thru this? Any helpful tips possibly? Thanks for your time..

Destins_Mommy

Asked by Destins_Mommy at 12:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Crystal light (or store brand) mix-ins, gatorade, strawberries or cucumbers in your water, vitamin water, popcicles, watermelon, clementines. There are lots of alternatives to water but of course water is the best thing for you.

Unfortunately all the knowledge in the world hasn't stopped me from having to go to the hospital for dehydration 3 times already. ;-) I totally know all about the water making you sick. Try a few of those other options, though. Hope you feel better soon! :)
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 1:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You could try drinking vitamin waters that are flavored, or any flavored water at all. Maybe try Crystal light. Have you tried that?
    ProudMomie08

Answer by ProudMomie08 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• if you're taking prenatal vitamins, the iron will make you constipated. You really need to make yourself drink water as much as you can tolerate. I was actually dehydrated during pregnancy and nearly fainted at Costco while hopping. I was drinking a tea to help with the nausea-- it turned out it was making the dehydration situatoin worse.

Hopefully the morning sickness will get better-- but do try and drink up!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Sorry to tell ya, but you need to drink water anyway, even if you don't want to. NOTHING will hydrate you as much as plain old water.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 12:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Get some flavor! Try crystal light or squeezing some lemon, lime or orange in to your water.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2011