1ST DOC APPT!!

I HAVE MY FIRST DOC APPT 2MORROW, IM 11 WEEKS WHAT ALL DID THEY DO AT UR 1ST APPT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• drew some blood, did a pap, gave me prenantal vitamins and said see you back in a month. lol not much excitement but it gets funner as the months go along, and just think only 8 or so more weeks until you know the sex!!!! -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 9:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It seems to vary from doctor to doctor, but it will probably be a LOT of talking. They'll want to know your family pregnancy history, any medical things you've had done, what your plans are for feeding, laboring, etc. (if you have any yet). They'll probably do some blood work, check your urine, possibly do a pelvic exam. My first appointment consisted of all of this except for the exam, plus I had an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. I went back a couple weeks later to meet the doctor and have the exam. Good luck, it's so exciting! I got super excited just reading the subject of your question!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• At my appointment, I filled out paperwork. The aide asked questions about the conception, and told me when to I would be able to schedule the ultrasound. I scheduled bloodwork, was prescribed prenatal vitamins, got a pap, and listened to the heartbeat. Good luck and congratulations!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• at my first appointment we answered questions, answered questions, answered questions, had a pregnancy test done, got an exam and pap, did an ultrasound to see how far along the baby was measuring, got a ton of blood drawn, peed in a cup...oh did I mention, answered a ton of questions!!! CONGRATS!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My hospital just has you come in and does a whole bunch of history check and paperwork. Then in month go back and get all the blood work done, pap, etc.
    Anonymous

• LOTS AND LOTS of questions....I had an internal ultrasound...bloodwork and pap....it gets alot better though except for the gestational diabetes test...yuck!!
    nicksmommy311

Answer by nicksmommy311 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• LOL, I kind of enjoyed the diabetes test. Well, maybe not enjoyed, but it was basically drinking orange pop and watching TV for a little while...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• at my first appt. they took a urine sample, took blood, asked a bunch of questions, did a pap and pelvic exam, and prescribed me some prenatals. But this was at a health unit not a doctors office. But i'm sure it's the routine first visit for most women. Congrats!!!
    mommy_smitha

Answer by mommy_smitha at 11:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008