when was the last time you were in the ER?

Tonight with my son . He has an ear infection

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 1:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Kids' Health

• About 2 years ago when my husband convinced me that our 6 month old could have swallowed a AA battery in the .5 seconds it took him to turn around, without choking, or gagging. Whatever. $200 later and the battery had rolled under the couch. They should really offer a "Dont panic' class for new parents.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• When my Son was around 1 year old. He is 3 1/2 now.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Last month
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• November 28th. I had pneumonia. Then the time before that was in June, my baby was very sick he had a high fever and stiff neck, I thought he had meningitis. Turns out he had strep. Before that, probably 10 or more years.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The 4th of July my a fire work display went off into the crowd and my son was burned and injured from it. Awful night, So much safety had been put fourth to making sure everyone would be safe too.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 1:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i was there twice in november. i was getting really sharp pains in my stomach about every 20 - 30 minutes when i woke up in the morning. i thought they would eventually go away by the time my dh got off work i couldn't take it anymore, and my dh dragged me to the er, and about a week after that i woke up in the morning broken out in hives. i never had hives before and i tried everything for about two days and nothing worked. i was trying to wait til the morning to try to go to my doctors, but i couldn't take it anymore and once again my dh dragged me to the er at 3 am. the er couldn't figure out why i was having those pains, they did a cat scan, and we couldn't pinpoint where the hives came from. they gave me stuff the clear the hives up with. i dont know if the two were related or not. that was the first time i was in the er in over 4 years. back then i was there because of the depo shot!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 1:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• january of 2010
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oops, it was actually early November, the injury was late October.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 1:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Last year. My grandmother fell in the front entryway and landed on her face and wrist. We thought she had broken her nose, her wrist and possibly a couple ribs. (She lost her balance and fell onto a chair before she hit the floor.) Turned out she just cut the bridge of her nose on the frame of her glasses, bit through her lip and bruised herself up but good. I still ended up sitting in the ER waiting for her for several hours while they did X-rays and an ECG to make sure she hadn't had another heart attack.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• End of last year, I had an infection and it was hurting really bad so hubby made me go.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2011