Moms of 2 or more, did you ever wonder how you'll love the second child as much as the first?

I'm sure we'll love our daughter (due May 4th) just as much as our son but every now and then my heart fills up with so much love for our son I just wonder will I feel the same way about our daughter. I know this is lame.

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 1:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• You will have plenty of love for both, trust me. You heart just expands it's capacity and does not short change anyone!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You will. Your heart grows with each baby. You will love each one with all that you have...I promise. I have three boys and each one is so wonderful.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• my 1st was not planned and my 2nd was and fell more in love with the 2nd then the 1st
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Of course I had those same thoughts. You will love the next one just the same as you loved you first. Everything will work out, I have twins boys and I had the same thoughts as you do when my third son was born. But I have enough hugs and love to go around. I will for my 4th when he/she gets here too in May.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 1:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have 2 sons and I felt the same way. They're 4yrs apart and I got pg on the pill. I didn't think it was possible but what a blessing! They are now 24 & 20 and are best friends :) I'm glad they have each other becaus we're not going to be around forever. So yes, there's lots of love for the 2nd.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Anon, I appreciate your honesty but I feel badly for your first child.
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I thought about that when I was pregnant for my second - but after I had her I found that my heart could hold the same amount of love for both of them. When I had my third, same thing :) I've always heard that a mother's love has no boundaries, and I believe that. Best of luck to you, it's not lame.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2011