will she be okay? tylenol pm and alcohol!

Alright so my friends called me drunk and said that one of our friends had been drinking with them at around 10pm and her stomach started hurting and she threw up most of what she drank....she drank a little more after that and then just a few minutes ago she took 2 tylenol pm...i know the label says to avoid alcoholic beverages but it also says that liver damage can occur IF you drink THREE or more alcoholic beverages a day while using the product....she should be okay then, right? I told them to give her a bunch of water and make her throw up the medicine but I just want to make sure she will be okay...I'm not there with them and I'd feel like shit if something happened.

menko21

Asked by menko21 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• umm.. I no expert but I don't think that is such a great idea. Alcohol makes you sleepy anyway. I would be keeping a close eye on her. Might even be thinking about taking her to the ER too. Hope all is okay.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 1:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Nooo she can poison herself with too much water that's the worst thing to do. She'll be fine if she just sleeps it off. The lable says liver damage can occur if you drink more than 3 A DAY not in ONE DAY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• She isn't going to drink a freaking gallon of water...just enough to help her throw up the yucky stuff in her belly and hopefully the tylenol in case.
    menko21

Comment by menko21 (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Well MY BAD the way you made it seem was enough water for her to throw up...that can be a lot of water. GEEZ. Sorry I even gave you my opinion. Take her to the freaking ER then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think I already said I'm not with her. They called me. I don't even know where they are. I don't know why you are jumping me like I'm responsible when I'm not even there with them. They woke me out of a dead sleep and told me they gave her tylenol pm and I wasn't sure what to do.
    menko21

Comment by menko21 (original poster) at 1:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Then tell you drunk friends to find someone coherent enough to drive her to the ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• She'll be fine...tell her to go to sleep.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would tell them to keep an eye on her. All medications have warnings like that and SHOULD be taken seriously, but seeing as it is already done, just keep her hydrated. Or in your case, tell whoever she is with to keep a really close eye on her. Maybe you could even call a hospital and ask?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I called poison control and they said she'd be fine. They asked for her name and stuff though, is she going to be turned in for underage drinking?
    menko21

Comment by menko21 (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2011