Swaddling For Sensory Disorders?

My son is 2yrs old and has some sensory processing issues. When he gets very very overwhelmed he likes to be wrapped very tightly into a blanket. I'm just wondering if there are any kinds of products out there that serve this purpose? Sort of like a miracle blanket for two year olds? Or maybe something like the Woombie blanket? I know he would love it and it probably would help the hubby and I out a little too. I thought maybe someone around here would know. Thanks for the help!

toykeymama

Asked by toykeymama at 1:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I found a web site for a friend of mine who has the same sitution, except hers is 12, and he loves that vest. Well here is website addy http://www.sommerfly.com/ I hope it helps, it dows have alot of variety.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Does he have autism ? Was he born with this?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have heard about a weighted vest provides that also calm comfort and doesn't require another person to be involved. Although he is probably too young for that, but maybe when he older??

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Sorry forgot to give u the website about the vest http://www.weightedvest.com/why_use.html
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We are not sure if he is Autistic yet. It is something we've discussed with his doctor. His official eval will probably be next month some time. Thank you for the info.
    toykeymama

Comment by toykeymama (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2011